Thursday, February 11, 2010

Take Me All the Way to the Hebrides!

A few months ago, the time came for me to audition for a play. I've done theater in the past, and my current goal is to do one or two shows a year; last year I sadly fell short, so I decided to start this year off right. I was cast in a show called Scotland Road, and performances are every weekend in February at the Jewel Box Theater in Poulsbo, WA. I completely love this show; I get to speak in a Welsh accent, I get to shock the audience more than once, and I get to sing in a corset. Ok, that last part really sucks, actually. Singing in a corset is hard! Still. I love it. I love being on stage, I love taking on a new persona. I'm so much happier when I'm doing a show (exhausted, but happier), and I love expressing myself in this art form. I'm not a good crafter, I'm terrible at drawing and painting, I could never write a novel. Acting, however, I can do.

Everyone needs an outlet. Jobs are stressful. Heck, LIFE is stressful! Acting is my outlet. It calms me, gives me peace, makes the rest of the crap worth it. I'm grateful I have the opportunity to enjoy my passion. Here's hoping that once this show closes, I'll find another cast and crew to open their arms to me. Until then, I'll welcome my racing heart and embrace each moment onstage.

For more about the show, visit jewelboxpoulsbo.org and read our review at http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/feb/06/local-theater-scotland-road-is-a-buoying-yarn/ It's a good 'un!

No comments:

Post a Comment